Mail Order Restricted

General Talk on Sports Shooting in Nova Scotia

Moderator: mikehhfx

newshooter60

Mail Order Restricted

Post by newshooter60 » Sat May 25, 2019 12:51 pm

So I purchased a gun today online from Cabelas, kind of on a whim, not really planned, But Now I have a question.

Last time I purchased a restricted gun, the gun shop registered the purchase with the Firearms office, then after I received my papers I went and picked it up at the shop. So how does that work for a mail order purchase?
Do they ship it or wait to ship it after the registration goes through?
Thanks
Newshooter60
Halifax, NS

newshooter60

Re: Mail Order Restricted

Post by newshooter60 » Wed May 29, 2019 7:58 am

Update on Mail Order Restricted

Talking to Cabelas and here how it works with them.

When you order you provide all information on the order form, RPAL and Gun Club info, Cabela's sends this to CFO, when CFO approves the purchase and makes the transfer of the firearm then they also let Cabela's know, at that point Cabela's ships the firearm to you in a locked box, once you receive it , you call Cabela's and they will give you the combination number to the lock.

Remember you can have possession of the firearm, but you cannot take it to the club until you receive our certificate and transfer papers.
Not sure how long this process will be but I'll keep you updated.
Newshooter60
Halifax, NS

newshooter60

Re: Mail Order Restricted

Post by newshooter60 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:33 pm

So all went well for a mail order gun, one little hiccup, the NSCFO did not have my current membership details, so after updating them on that, they approved the purchase. Cabelas shipped the gun and when it arrived in a locked case which I had to buy (Case and Lock), I called Cableas and they gave me the combination to the lock.
So it's a week later and I have my certificate, and have a lane booked at the range.
Newshooter60
Halifax, NS